Revenue at McCarthy & Stone increased by 4% to £660 million in the year ending August 31 2017 as the firm continued to see trading improve despite uncertainty in the secondary market following the Brexit vote and general election.
Total legal completions matched last year at 2,302 (2016: 2,296), with average selling price up 3% to around £273,000. 52 new sales outlets opened during the year compared to 64 in 2016.
However the firm said that the year-end forward order book is 21% up on last year and that workflow is “on track to support growth strategy” and deliver around 80 new sales releases in 2018.
The firm says it has developed a strategic relationship with Places for People to access the growing rental market. “This has the potential to improve capital turn and enable land investment in new, previously untapped locations.” The relationship resulted in the sale of 126 apartments across 27 sites to be held in a specialist retirement PRS Fund being managed by Places for People’s fund management business PfP Capital. “The apartments will be offered for private open market rent,” said the firm. An update on this deal will be provided in November.
McCarthy …
Continue reading
To continue reading this article please login or register.
Govt scraps plans to delay 30 local elections
Cameron Homes founder becomes chair of Tara Group
HBF launches next cohort of Women into Home Building
Housebuilder Product Awards 2026 – deadline extended
Gleeson’s half year profit drops
Jennie Daly appointed Future Homes Hub chair
HCA ceo to speak at Housing Market Intelligence
Marley Eternit affordable fibre cement slates
McStone announces promotions to support growth
Barratt appoints chief financial officer
Mix and match doors with Premdor
Alok Sharma is new housing and planning minister
St Modwen sees resilient housebuilding market
HCA ceo to speak at Housing Market Intelligence
Tommafold passes PAS 24 test
The Interview, Antony Stark
Britain's Biggest Housebuilders
Mix and match doors with Premdor
Bellway positive in face of uncertainty
Housebuilders react to election result
Housebuilders react to election result
Britain's Biggest Housebuilders
Bellway positive in face of uncertainty
Alok Sharma is new housing and planning minister
St Modwen sees resilient housebuilding market
Surge in English new home starts
Javid keeps job in May's reshuffle
Surge in English new home starts
Housebuilders react to election result
Britain's Biggest Housebuilders
May pledges 1.5 million homes by 2022
St Modwen sees resilient housebuilding market
Javid keeps job in May's reshuffle
Top 25 : Britain's biggest Housebuilders
News Alerts
Don't miss out on another important news story get important news alerts right to your inbox.
